Narrow Gauge performed at the Election Night Party at Mile High Stadium on November 6, 2012 and we had a GREAT show. A videographer in the crowd liked the band’s performance so much that he featured a live recording for the sound track of his video. The first three minutes of the video has a bunch of crowd shots. You can see the band perform from about the 3 minute mark on.
Narrow Gauge will be providing the live entertainment at the November 6, 2012 Colorado Republican Election Night Party at Mile High Stadium in Denver. This GOP event is open to the public. It is free, but you do need a ticket. Please follow the link here to order your tickets and have them delivered to your email box. The band will be playing from 7-11pm. Free food! If Governor Romney and Paul Ryan win the election, this will end up being a great place to party. Bring your dancing shoes!
Heres the link: www.cologop.webconnex.com/electionparty
Narrow Gauge is a Colorado based country rock dance band.
Narrow Gauge is a talented and experienced dance band that has performed at over 500 events in the past 11 years. We have entertained the President of the United States and his family, country music legend Larry Gatlin, performed at a private party for the owner of the National Hockey League’s Columbus Blue Jackets, and are a preferred vendor at The Broadmoor Resort in Colorado Springs. We specialize in packing the dance floor, performing modern and classic country hits as well as classic rock. In addition, we perform with a DJ set up so we can play any song.
Narrow Gauge is pleased to announce that we now offer complete PA system rentals for wedding ceremonies, even if you don‘t hire the band to perform at the reception. We offer great gear at truly affordable rates. We can customize any set-up so that your ceremony is perfect AND your guests can hear every word.
When you hire us to provide sound, you’ll receive:
1. A professional sound system perfect for your event
2. A wireless microphone and stand
3. Delivery, set-up and tear down of the equipment
4. Ipod/Mp3 player capability.
5. Professional sound man to run everything for you so your brother doesn’t have to.
6. Consultation: We will discuss your ceremony in detail with you, or your planner, to make sure
everything happens just the way you dreamed it would.
We can even accommodate live musicians who might need sound at your ceremony.
Our rental rates are very competitive and we travel all over Colorado. We have provided professional PA systems at over 500 events in the past 11 years. If you would like a quote for your event, please visit our website at www.NarrowGaugeCountry.com, email us at NarrowGaugeCountry@yahoo.com or call Jim at 719-231-7195.
“Thank You! You guys are great!” Jenna Bush Hager (daughter of former President George W. Bush)
“Dustin and I want to extend our sincere gratitude to Narrow Gauge for making our wedding celebration the best event ever!! We were very impressed with the repertoire of music selection and were pleased that you guys took the time to learn and play ‘Look At You Girl’ by Chris LeDoux.
A huge thank you for making our wedding absolutely unforgettable and perfect! All of the music from dinner to the reception was incredible. You were an excellent ‘MC’ — you weren’t kidding when you said you know how to read the crowd and choose the right song based on the energy of the crowd! Your selection of songs, combined with the energy on stage, made for a fantastic party! You have a professional approach and I appreciated the time we spent communicating throughout the planning process.
I personally wanted to thank you and your band for an unforgettable performance. It was the most amazing night and you made it as fun as it could possibly be. Just wanted to thank you for everything and let you know that people are still asking me about you and your band and raving about how fabulous you all were. A BIG thank you again for making our wedding the best and most fun night of our lives!!”
Dustin and Sarah, Crested Butte, CO
“This was our first experience with hiring a band for a social event – our daughter’s wedding. They helped walk me through the entire evening, kept our timeline going when I was too busy to notice, and absolutely “made” the evening with their GREAT music and the ability to work with the crowd. Our guests age’s were from 5 to 90 and everyone loved the band and had a great time. They accommodated our special requests in songs, learned 2 new ones for the wedding, and humored our guests that wanted to sing along! Many guests complimented us on our choice of band and told us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. We’ll definitely use them again.”
Karen D, Littleton, CO
Narrow Gauge is a fantastic band! Your performance at my daughter’s wedding was a smash! Everyone enjoyed listening and dancing to your music. I had several guests come up to me asking who the band is and saying that they so enjoyed your music!
I want to thank you for the phone calls and emails in regard to scheduling, set-up and planning of the music from the cocktail hour through the very last song. You really took the time to ensure that all the music was carefully selected — along with the music during the breaks. The combination of country and rock was quite a hit.
Next, I would like to thank you for your professionalism. It was quite evident during the set-up of the band equipment, the conversations with our family during the event to ensure that “all” was going as planned, and making sure that the the guests were engaged in the music and having a great time.
Most of all, we are most appreciative of the fact that all our guests had a wonderful time due to the atmosphere Narrow Gauge created. I’ve never seen so many people dancing, laughing and enjoying themselves so much on the dance floor. Many said that this was the best wedding they have ever attended!
I wish you continued success.
Thanks again Jim, for all you did for us,”
Ahna Steiner Breckenridge
“We hired Narrow Gauge for our wedding. They showed up early even with a huge Colorado snowstorm. The music was excellent and all of the guests were very happy. They really helped make the night a memorable experience for everyone.”
We were very happy with your services. You took care of all the set up and tear down as well as any issues during the night. This goes for the cocktail/dinner music as well. All of your musicians were really friendly and flexible ( i.e. having 6 girls up on stage to sing) and your fun attitude was much appreciated. You also did an excellent job keeping the wedding on track (i.e. getting the dancing started) without pressuring us to follow a time line exactly. Most importantly though, the music was great and there was never an empty dance floor….or even a sparsely populated one! It was by far one of the best parties I’ve been to, and to have it be our wedding too was more that we could have asked for.”
Kyler and Emily Brown Alamosa
“The Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce hosts several events every year including two Old Fashioned Country Dances for the community as fundraisers for the chamber. This year we found Narrow Gauge online and were impressed with their vocal and musical talent from the very beginning. Gene, Jim, Bart and Danny offer a high energy performance that will not disappoint.
Leslie; Kremmling Chamber Director was overheard complimenting Gene for his beautiful rendition of Bob Segar’s, Turn the Page. We appreciate their timely arrival, professional attitudes and willingness to be flexible with the special requests from our guests. If you are looking for a responsible multi-talented band for your next event, you won’t go wrong with hiring Narrow Gauge. Thanks guys, you are always invited and welcome to play in Kremmling anytime.”
Kacey Beres,. Event Director Member Relations, Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce
To Whom it May Concern:
On September 20 and 21 we hired a band of unknown, (to us), quality called Narrow Gauge, for a family get together at my J BAR M Ranch in Ridgway, Colorado. To say the least – they did a magnificent job for us. Their music and songs gave us two days of enjoyment and friendship. At one point, during the first evening, I turned to my cousin on my left ( a doctor and musician), and commented, “These guys are very good”. His answer, “They are not good, they are great!”
That was the opinion of myself and all our guests. “They were great!”
John H. McConnel Owner of the Columbus Blue Jackets (A National League Hockey Team)
“Jim and the Band were perfect! Their attention to detail and their ability to work with us was great. This event was a huge success, the guys from Narrow Gauge are flawless and a joy to work with. I would recommend them to any and all!”
Gary M. Hewlett Packard
“Narrow Gauge was the perfect fit. We had looked all over and could not find a band that we thought would fit our guests. We love country music and so did many of our guests, but there were also people who liked a variety of different genres of music. Narrow Gauge played to the crowd and kept the dance floor packed all night. We had so much fun that we even hired them for an extra set! Narrow Gauge was easy to work with! Jim was so helpful in helping us plan our reception. We had all the details worked out weeks before the reception, so I could try to relax! He even MC’d the event for us. They let several of our guest sing on stage with them, and even let Steve, my new husband play bass on one song. He does not even know how to play bass, but somehow it sounded great. During their breaks they had DJ music pumping through the dance floor, so even when they weren’t playing, our guests kept dancing! It was truly a night to remember. Thank you Narrow Gauge for your professionalism and talent. You were so phenomenal! We couldn’t recommend you more highly!
Steve and Alyssa Colorado Springs, CO
‘Narrow Gauge was extremely professional. They worked well with our DJ to make the transition between the two smooth. The music and vocals were very impressive. When Narrow Gauge was finished, the removal and exit of their equipment was hardly noticed. We had several comments from guests wishing we had reserved the band to perform for a longer period of time. We would highly recommend the group. Thank you for a great performance! ”
–Berni S. Issacson Rossenbaum Law Firm Denver, CO
Needs more information? Check out The Top 10 Reasons People Hire Narrow Gauge, Colorado’s Premier Country Band
Ready to get a detailed quote? Fill out our Quote Me form
Narrow Gauge has several different packages to choose from to help fit your budget and we accept* credit cards through Paypal. When you send us your quote request, make sure you let us know which packages you are interested in. We typically will have your quote back to you within 24 hours.
The Narrow Gauge SILVER PACKAGE: This is the perfect package for those who want the best band for their event, but who are also on a tight budget. We have taken out many of the “extras” but left the best: Narrow Gauge Live! The Silver Package includes:
1. Our 1000 watt PA system
2. Two (2) forty-five minutes of live music.
3. DJ music capabilities.
4. The ability to customize the play list. (You can choose some of the songs we play)
The Narrow Gauge GOLD PACKAGE includes:
1. Our 3000 watt PA system, which includes one sub-woofer to help get people dancing and makes things sound even better for those who just want to listen.
2. Three (3) forty-five minute sets of live music.
3. Event Consultation: We have played hundreds of events and can help you plan the sequence of the event if you desire. We know what works, and our advice is available to you as much or as little as you need/want when you opt for the Platinum or Gold Package.
4. DJ music during the cocktail hour, dinner hour and our breaks. Narrow Gauge performs with a complete DJ set up. This allows us to play any style of music your guests want to dance to during our breaks. If your brother wants to dance to some rap music, or your friends want to dance to the latest “club” music, or grandma wants to dance to some old Frank Sinatra, we can provide it! This helps guarantee that everyone has a great time at your reception!
5. A microphone for toasts and speeches.
6. The ability to customize the play list. (You can choose some of the songs we play)
7. Stage Lighting.
The Narrow Gauge PLATINUM PACKAGE is our best package and includes everything:
1. Our 4000 watt PA SYSTEM, with our best sub-woofers. This is a great PA and is guaranteed to get people dancing. It also greatly enhances the sound experience for those who just want to listen to the band. This is the best system to use if your event is going to be outside.
2. The ability to customize the play list. (You can choose some of the songs we play)
3. Four (4) forty-five minute sets of live music. We can use one of these for the cocktail hour and the rest for dancing, of use them all for dancing!
4. Event Consultation: We have played hundreds of events and can help you plan the sequence of the event if you desire. We know what works, and our advice is available to you as much or as little as you need/want when you opt for the Platinum Package!
6. Master of Ceremony Duties. Narrow Gauge can MC the event if you would like us to at no additional charge.
7. DJ music during the cocktail hour, dinner hour and our breaks. Narrow Gauge performs with a complete DJ set up. This allows us to play any style of music your guests want to dance to during our breaks. If your brother wants to dance to some rap music, or your friends want to dance to the latest “club” music, or grandma wants to dance to some old Frank Sinatra, we can provide it! This helps guarantee that everyone has a great time at your reception!
8. A microphone for toasts and speeches.
9. Dance floor lighting and stage lighting to make things look spectacular and maximize the fun on the dance floor.
The Narrow Gauge ACOUSTIC PACKAGE – Perfect for the Cocktail and/or Dinner hours includes:
1. One or two professional acoustic guitar players/singers.
2. One (1) or two (2) forty-five minute sets of live music
The Narrow Gauge CEREMONY PA PACKAGE- When you need a PA and microphone for your ceremony. This package is only available with in conjunction with the Platinum, Gold or Silver packages and includes:
1. A small PA system for the ceremony (or the cocktail hour if it is not being held in the same room as dinner) 2. A microphone and stand 3. All cables for the PA including an adapter for an Ipod or any Mp3 player 4. Delivery, set-up, tear down. 5. Professional sound tech to run the PA during your ceremony.
This is a great package that enables you to have any kind of music you want for the ceremony itself.
The Narrow Gauge CEREMONY PERFORMANCE PACKAGE.
Officiating: Our lead guitar player and manager has performed hundreds of wedding ceremonies as a pastor, and is available to officiate at your wedding. He can work with you to customize your vows and the ceremony itself, so that your wedding is exactly the special day you want it to be. The cost of this package ranges from $199-$299 depending upon how elaborate you want the ceremony to be.
Acoustic Guitar: Do you want your guests to be entertained with live acoustic guitar music as they await your arrival? Let Narrow Gauge help.
The Narrow Gauge REHEARSAL DINNER PACKAGE:
1. One or Two professional acoustic guitar players/singers with a small PA
2. One (1) or two (2) fifty-five minute sets of live music
Ready for a quote? Simply fill out our “Quote Me” form and we will have a detailed quote in your inbox typically within 24 hours.
1. Narrow Gauge Has Talent: The guys in the band are all top level pro’s who have been playing and singing for years! We are very good at what we do. You don’t get the opportunity to perform for the President of the USA or country stars like Larry Gatlin if you aren’t at the top of your field.
2. We know that it’s YOUR party! We have a strict no alcohol policy, and no one in the band uses drugs! So, even though your guests may end up drinking a little too much, we won’t be drinking at all. Some bands think that your event is their party and end up drinking more than your guests. By the end of the night, they can’t play very well. That never happens with Narrow Gauge.
3. We are Good, but You Can Afford Us! We have several different packages to choose from that will surely fit your budget.
4. Variety: Narrow Gauge is a country – rock dance band. We pride ourselves on being able to play anything from Alan Jackson to ZZ top or AC/DC to Willie Nelson and everything in-between. We also perform hits from the 90’s, blues, funk and anything that will get the crowd dancing.
5. We’re a Live band AND a DJ! We travel with a full DJ set up. This means that we can play the latest club hits or anything the crowd wants during our breaks. You get the best of both worlds: Phenomenal live music and a DJ mix! You can even prepare the DJ list so that our breaks are filled with the music you know your friends and family will love.
6. Experience: Since 2001 we have performed over 500 shows all over the USA! We know how to get a room full of people dancing and get the party started. Sometimes, the songs chosen by our clients don’t get people onto the dance floor. In that case, we change things up, and find out what they want to dance to. We are never locked into doing things one way. We pride ourselves on being able to figure out the crowd and then keep then on the dance floor all night long!
7. We are Not Rock Stars…and we don’t have their attitude! We are very easy to work with and are committed to making your event everything you imagined it would be. We allow our guests to join the band onstage for a song or three to help out with singing. Other bands won’t allow this because the non-professionals (your guests) will make them look bad! While often your guests are not as good of singers as they think they are, it is always fun when they join us!
8. We keep our Commitments: If you hire Narrow Gauge, we will be there. Period. We have driven through blizzards to get to more than one wedding. Other bands might cancel in severe weather, but not us. We have had more than one client frantically call us weeks before their wedding to tell us their other band cancelled on them. Again, this will never happen with Narrow Gauge. Everyone in the band has daughters. We know how important a wedding is to any family. We will never cancel at the last minute. We even have top-quality, professional fill-in’s on the rare occasion we need them.
9. Quality Equipment: We perform with only the best, top-quality, professional gear. Clients often don’t realize how important this is to the overall performance, but it is often the critical component that other bands leave out. On any given night, Narrow Gauge will have over $25,000 worth of equipment on stage. We spare no expense in order to bring the best sound for your event
10. It’s All About You: When you hire Narrow Gauge, we consider it an honor and a privilege to serve you! When we arrive at your event, that will be our sole focus. We are committed to doing everything possible to make your event happen the way you wanted it. When problems or glitches show up (and they always do) we work with your other professionals to make sure you never even know about it. Other bands, only come to play music. We come to create memories!
If you are looking for a Colorado country band for your wedding reception, consider Narrow Gauge.